Ubuntu 11.10 brings a lot of changes in Unity featuring . These new features have a lot more customisation in Unity than many think possible.
And after a bit of tweaking I made my Unity desktop look like above figure.
- Unity Launcher placed at the bottom
- Dark arrows for the launcher
- The lack of backlit for the icons in the launcher
- New icon for the Ubuntu button
- New icons in the the Dash main window
If you want to know how to make your Unity look like above.Do the instructions below: (more…)
change your login background with ‘Simple LightDM Manager’.
The default login background image matches the default Ubuntu wallpaper.then you can change login background (the size of image cannot exceed 500KB)
This is easy to do by installing ‘Simple LightDM Manager’ – a small app that lets you choose and set a different image as the login window background.
Click the button next to ‘Location’ for a file prompt.
The app specify image file or colour for the background, as well as tweaking the logo that is displayed to the bottom of the login screen.
LightDM can be downloaded in .Deb format. Once the package has downloaded just double click on it to begin installation.
Click Her..to download!!
Once installed, Simple LightDM Manager can be launched from applications
FoxTab is a free 3D tab management add-on for the Firefox browser.
FoxTab powers Firefox with the following features:
– Top Sites (aka Speed Dial) for quickly accessing your favorite web sites
– Tab Flipper – to easily flip between opened tabs using mouse or keyboard gestures
– Recently Closed Tabs – for reopening a tab that was recently closed
As the web is rapidly turning into an application environment where dozens of tabs are being opened concurrently, accessing a page visually is in times the fastest and best possible option.
FoxTab introduces to Firefox the best and most attractive way for accessing the web as never seen before on any other browser or operating system.
- Easily access your favorite top sites.
- Enjoy many tabs management options.
- Have 6 layouts to choose from.
- For each layout, select the perspective that you find the most fun and useful to use.
- Customize the way FoxTab looks with a set of predefined themes or by creating your own customized one.
- Set thumbnails to be in Landscape or Portrait orientation.
Supported Operating Systems
FoxTab fully supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Mac OS X Tiger (10.4.7+), Leopard (10.5.6+) and Linux distributions including but not limited to Ubuntu, Fedora, Mandriva and OpenSuse. Read more…
Problem is that After re-installing Windows7, When the laptop was rebooted, Grub Error 17 Message appeared.
Boot from Ubuntu 10.04 LTS or other linux versions
Start Ubuntu Without installetion (more…)