FoxTab is a free 3D tab management add-on for the Firefox browser.
FoxTab powers Firefox with the following features:
– Top Sites (aka Speed Dial) for quickly accessing your favorite web sites
– Tab Flipper – to easily flip between opened tabs using mouse or keyboard gestures
– Recently Closed Tabs – for reopening a tab that was recently closed
As the web is rapidly turning into an application environment where dozens of tabs are being opened concurrently, accessing a page visually is in times the fastest and best possible option.
FoxTab introduces to Firefox the best and most attractive way for accessing the web as never seen before on any other browser or operating system.
- Easily access your favorite top sites.
- Enjoy many tabs management options.
- Have 6 layouts to choose from.
- For each layout, select the perspective that you find the most fun and useful to use.
- Customize the way FoxTab looks with a set of predefined themes or by creating your own customized one.
- Set thumbnails to be in Landscape or Portrait orientation.
Supported Operating Systems
If you haven’t installed it yet, click here
How it looks: Click Here
Here’s how to do it instantly:
Option 1: Click on the FoxTab icon in your browser’s toolbar (press ESC to exit)
Option 2: Ctrl + Tab: Simply hold the Ctrl key pressed down and repeatedly hit the Tab key.
To flip tabs backward, use Ctrl + Shift + Tab
How to set the top sites to be my home page?
NOTE: You must set the top sites to be your default new tab page in order to have it on your home page too.
Go to Firefox’s main options window (Tools -> Options), select the “General” tab and change your home page to: about:blank
To flip between the currently opened tabs, open FoxTab and select [Opened Tabs] from the top bar.
By clicking on a given thumbnail, the selected tab will be focused.
To close a tab, click on the X icon, or use your mouse’s middle button.
You can navigate between currently opened tabs in various ways:
- Arrows keys
- PgUp / PgDn
- [Shift] + Tab
- Mouse Scroll
At first time, Top Sites is empty.
To add pages to the top sites panel use one of the following methods:
1) From any page, right click on the page and click [Add to Top Sites].
2) From any page, click on the [Add to Top Sites] toolbar button.
This button is not displayed by default, and can be added to the toolbar by going to: Firefox menu bar -> View -> Toolbars -> CustomizeOn the bottom-left corner you can find the “Edit” button.
While in edit mode, you can rearrange thumbnails using drag and drop gestures. You can also set the size of the Top Sites panel
If you like, you can also set the top sites view as your default new tab page.
To do that, open the options panel (Tools -> Add-ons -> FoxTab -> General -> New Tab Page, and select Top Sites.
To set a wallpapers from images you find in the web, do the following:
- Right click on an image and select [Copy Image Location]
- Open the Themes Dialog Box in FoxTab and paste (CTRL+V) the link
into the [Background Image (local path or URL] text field.
- Click on the [Set] button Use the [Clear] button to reset the background setting.