The ubuntu package “Zero Install Injector “makes it easy for users to install software without needing root privileges. It takes the URL of a program and runs it (downloading it first if necessary). Any dependencies of the program are fetched in the same way. The user controls which version of the program and its dependencies to use.
- In Zero Install all packages are identified by URLs.
- If you want different programs require different versions of a library then both versions are installed in parallel, without conflicts
- Each version of each program is stored in its own sub-directory within the Zero Install cache (nothing is installed to directories outside of the cache, such as /usr/bin)
- No code from the package is run during install or uninstall.
- The system can automatically check for updates when software is run
Open the terminal and run the following commands:
sudo apt-get install zeroinstall-injector
This will install all the required files